Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Thank you Lord

Thank You Lord
By Patricia Ang

I am just an ordinary girl living an ordinary life. Yet as I look back at my life, I must say God is Good and I am so thankful to be in a relationship with HIM.

Coming from a single parent family, growing up was never easy. We just lived within our means. No fancy birthday parties, no holidays, no elaborate meals at restaurants. There were clothes I wanted to buy but didn’t have the means to buy. Yet I must say He blesses the widow and the orphan in HIS own ways.

Lord, I am very thankful for my family. For my grandparents who gave us a place to live when we were homeless and for taking care of us. My late grandfather taught me tuition during my primary school days and my grandmother cooked for us when we needed them in some ways. My mother brought me up singlehandedly all these years, with her love and support. She provided me a life which any ordinary child would have. The books that she bought, the opportunity to learn to play the piano, for taking care of me when I am sick, for taking time to teach me Chinese in primary school, when she herself didn’t know much of the language. She took the opportunity to check the Chinese dictionary and spent time guiding me in my studies when I was younger. God in his ways has taken care of us of our daily needs each day and HE has indeed protected us.

As a teenager, I have been blessed with all the gifts I have won via radio contests. By HIS grace, I have won several prizes among which Les Miserables concert tickets, movie tickets, food vouchers and a pair of Shasha bears. I used to tease my mother that she need not have to worry about my entertainment expenses as a teenager.
For the education that I have been given, I am so thankful for his blessings and his guidance. For my Masters course which I completed last year, I really felt his presence in the course. Though it was a long journey to NTU, HE sustained me with the energy and the passion. HE blessed me with classmates whom we had good teamwork. I enjoyed the 2 years part time course that I did. It is amazing how I managed to juggle my studies and my work simultaneously. Thank you Lord. For the job opportunities that HE has given me in my career, I am very thankful that HE knows what is best for me.

Cast your burden on the Lord. Release the weight of them and God will sustain you. (Psalm 55:22)

Life is a mirror reflection – how you treat others is how people will treat you back. I am so thankful for the friends HE has brought into my life. For those who stood by me all these years, for the advice, the encouragement and sharing the ups and downs in my life. God puts people in our lives on purpose so that we can help them to succeed and help them become all He created them to be. If you will make somebody else’s day, God will make yours. Take time to make a difference. Don’t just focus about you can make your life better. Everywhere we go we should be encouraging people, building them up, challenging them to reach for new heights. When people are around us, they should leave better off then they were previously.

In the bible, God says, “I will guard you and keep you in perfect and constant peace as you keep your mind on me.” (Isiah 26 :3). Learn to commit yourself to me, lean on me and hope confidently in me.

There was a stage of my life I questioned my religion. Yet in HIS time, God led me back to where I am now, serving in the most humble way. Come close to God and HE will come close to you. I am thankful to be able to spend time with him, to serve him, to write articles, to share and pray with fellow brothers and sisters in this journey.

It is a rule of life. God blesses those who give of their lives and resources. Give your time and you will have more time to give. Set no limit on your love and you will have more love for others than before. He who sows sparingly will also reap sparingly. And he who sows bountifully will also reap bountifully. (2 Corinthians 9:6)

Dare to trust Him today. Dare to believe that even in your disappointment, heartaches and pain, God is right there with you. He said He will never leave you nor forsake you. The kingdom of God is righteousness, peace and joy.

1 comment:

Vee said...

Wow... Amen indeed. Trust in the Lord for he knows what's best for you.