Thursday, October 2, 2008

Treausre of my Life

Treasure of my Life
By Patricia Ang

“Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there you heart will be also. (Matthew 6: 19-21)

What is your treasure in your life? Is it power, money or material things? What about Jesus being the treasure of our life? Are we able to cast all our cares to our Lord and have faith to trust in HIM? We need to ask ourselves then where are we going? Where do we spend our time? Who are we hanging around with? What are we doing? We need to answer those questions directly, truthfully and it'll show you where your treasure is.

The greatest blessings God gave us was not money but Jesus- his beloved son who died on the cross to atone for our sins in the form of the broken body, the shed blood and the victory won on that cross, The kingdom of God is righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit. In 1 Timothy 6-1l, Paul tells believers to stop fleeing after earthy riches and to pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, endurance and gentleness.

“Command those who are rich in this present world not to be arrogant nor to put their hope in wealth, which is so uncertain, but to put their hope in God, who richly provides us with everything for our enjoyment. Command them to do good, to be rich in good deeds, and to be generous and willing to share. In this way they will lay up treasure for themselves as a firm foundation for the coming age, so that they may take hold of the life that is truly life.” (1 Timothy 6: 17-19)

Are we willing to give Christ total control over our life? Jesus said in Matthew.7:13-14 the gate is narrow and the path is narrow that leads to eternal life. A converted heart is one which we give total reliance to God in our everyday life. It is a daily renewing, a daily change from sin and self. Having a heart stirred by the Holy Spirit and a heart willing to please and honor God with EVERYTHING He has given us is the narrow path! Our health, wealth and prosperity comes from Christ, it is not ours to own, but ours to manage for His glory.

One of my 2008 New Year resolutions this year was to spend more time with God. Amazingly, as I seek HIM daily, I am more conscious of his presence. At the start of the year, a friend of mine presented me with 2 blank books, which came in handy as I use the books, to write quotes and prayers from the bible and the books that I read and which I use for reference when I write my articles. Whenever I go to the Borders bookshop, I will end up in the section with Christian books which at times I will end up purchasing the books. Recently when I visit the music stores, at times I also purchase Praise & Worship cds. Listening the songs and reading the books, I really sense his presence and peace.

Having served in the recent alpha 10 and 11 and attended the post alpha course – A Life Worth Living, I have met many friends and it has been a joy knowing fellow brothers and sisters in Christ. There is this deep bonding and fellowship among the small groups in our sharing session. Sometimes we can be so exhausted from work, but the moment we attend such sessions, we are just filled with the energy to do His work. “But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint” – Isaiah 40:31

“Seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well” (Matthew 6:33)

Lord help us to be aware day by day, to depend and trust in you and to reach out to you with hearts of innocence and child-like faith saying to you,” Not my will, but Thy will be done.”

Faith is our unflinching reliance on God. “Never will I leave you: never will I forsake you.” (Heb 13:5)

No comments: